• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Biarritz to St Jean 29th April 2012

rgwellsjr

Is anyone interested in sharing a taxi from Biarritz to St Jean on April 29th. Will be arriving from Dublin on Ryan Air at about 15:30 (there are already 2 of us)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
sillydoll,
Thanks, I saw another post recomending them and made contact. They have a 16:00 transport and Caroline assured me that we'll have plenty of time (we're arriving at 15:30) to make it.

In your opinion, should I try to make reservations in St Jean, or just wing it?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
rgwellsjr said:
sillydoll,

In your opinion, should I try to make reservations in St Jean, or just wing it?

Remember that May 1 is the Labor Day holiday in Europe and many pilgrims may be beginning at the same time as you. I would suggest that you try to reserve in advance.

When you arrive in Saint-Jean go to the office of the Amies du Chemin de Saint Jacques at 39 rue de la Citadelle. They can provide you with a Credential and lodging assistance. Their telephone is 05 59 37 05 09. Their volunteers help run the albergue at 55 rue de la Citadelle. Recently renovated this is a fine place to stay. However they do Not accept reservations, but they DO help you find other lodging when you are on site.

Buen Camino!

Margaret

Margaret, Thanks for the advice. I didn't know that May 1st was Labor Day. I'll look into a reservation or turn up at the Pilgrim office. Thanks again. Russell

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum