• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Biarritz to St Jean de Port

Frosty2013

Time of past OR future Camino
August 2013
Hi Guys,

I am a 31 year old teacher...Arriving in Biarritz on August 7th..Can anyone tell me how I get St Jean from there? Bus? Taxi? Etc...what is the best way...?

Thanks a million,

Mike

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Re: Biarritz to St Jean de Port

Frosty2013 said:
Hi Guys,

I am a 31 year old teacher...Arriving in Biarritz on August 7th..Can anyone tell me how I get St Jean from there? Bus? Taxi? Etc...what is the best way...?

Thanks a million,

Mike

Mike,

From Biarritz airport you can take a Chronopost bus 14 to the BAYONNE rr station (Gare SNCF). See >> http://www.chronoplus.eu/ At Bayonne take a regional TER line 62 train to SJPdP. See >> http://www.ter-sncf.com/Region/aquitain ... yonne.aspx Generally there are many TER line 62 trains from Bayonne to SJPdP each day. There are NO reserved seats; seating is open as on a tram or metro. The cost to SJPdP from Bayonne is roughly 10 euros. SJPdP is the last stop; journey time roughly 1 1/2 hours. The TER train also transports bikes.

By the way the Gare SNCF in Bayonne is small and easily navigated. The staff is helpful and used to dealing with throngs of pilgrims as well as vacationers. They will help you find your way. The station cafe boasts many handy plugs for recharging your computer or smartphone; relax and have a drink.

Bon Voyage and Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Hi Margaret..

Thank you very much..that is extremely helpful

Regards,

Mike

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Re: Biarritz to St Jean de Port

You can also contact Express Bourricot and schedule a ride in one of their shared minibuses. They have a great service, and they'll pick you up right in front of Biarritz airport. We used them this past May and I highly recommend them.

Russell

Most read last week in this forum