This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Bicycle shops and rentals

TrishAlexSage

Sep 22, 2012
White Mountains of NH, USA
www.trishalexsage.com
Time of past OR future Camino
March-April 2013
Hi there,

My daughters' father will meet us here and there as we walk the Camino Frances this March/April. We will all start at SJPP, then he will leave the Camino for business travel and rejoin the girls and I later.

He is a double-amputee and would like to ride a bike while the girls and I walk (that's easier on his stumps than day-after-day hiking). We anticipate there will be times when we may go one variation of the route and he may go another (or he'll pedal ahead of us), and we'll reunite in the next town.

For those of you who have used bicycles -- were they easy to find (rent) along the route, or are they generally available in the larger cities and towns? If you rent a bike, can you return it anywhere along the Camino (or, at least, at places that aren't spaced too far apart)?

He's also thinking of stashing the bike somewhere when he leaves for business, then coming back to that spot and catching up with us when he's finished his business travel. Is there any possibility any of the albergues would keep the bike somewhere for him, for a fee, for a week or so until he returned from his business travel?

We will start making some phone calls to various businesses over there, but I'm wondering if anyone here has an any advice they could offer..?

We're also aware snow might make biking more difficult (March/April weather). If this was the case, can one bring bicycles onto buses if he decided to bus ahead while the girls and I walked?

Thanks for any data you can share,
Trish

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Nov 2, 2004
ZA
www.amawalkerscamino.com
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
A selection of Camino Jewellery