• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Birthday in pamplona - suggestions to celebrate?

DuaneS

Time of past OR future Camino
April 4th from SJPDP - May 5, 2017 - Complete!
Hi everyone,

I'll likely be in Pamplona for my 40th birthday - can anyone recommend any good restaurants or pubs there that might be a good place to celebrate?

Thanks!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Last edited:
Well, my choice would be a tapas run - though they're called pintxos in Pamplona - I would start in the main square (Plaza del Castillo) at Cafe Iruña for pintxos and wine then just bar hop from there - Gauchos is good but so are many of the other bars - even the more plain looking ones - just keep moving and trying out the different bars and pintxos. Have fun and a brilliant birthday - Pamplona is one of my favourite cities in the world!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The place begs to be explored, I can't imagine anyone not finding a good place to eat, drink & have fun. I just never took notes but you will have fun.

Wow my favourite town in the world!

I remember last May entering Pamploma with my new 'Camino Family' and with the aid of the local elixir (Rioja) sang and danced for 24hours.

. . . eating will be the least of your problems!

I wish you well & Happy Birthday.

Hi everyone,

I'll likely be in Pamplona for my 40th birthday - can anyone recommend any good restaurants or pubs there that might be a good place to celebrate?

Thanks!
Hi DuaneS - I had to take a one week pause in Pamplona - thought I'd lost a week of my Camino, but after that week came to realise I'd gained a very specail one and my camino was all the richer for it. I'd say take a couple of days there to celebrate and relax - even three, enjoy the city and atmosphere. Look around, take in as many places as you can, the area around the old town has wonderful pintxos and wine - you can't go wrong. Enjoy! And happy birthday
PS in Leon try the Four Lions - fantastic place, great meals.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Well to endorse the suggestion on Gauchos:

I was doing a week on the Camino at the end of October/beginning of the November and of the small group of us who had gotten to know each other between St J P d P, one of the couples had gotten engaged near the river a bit outside Larrasoana. We managed to round up a variety of characters who all had "Buen Caminoed" each other and had various chats at various points during the few days. We had a fabulous few hours in the evening sun outside Bar Gaucho...I couldn't recommend it highly enough! So much so that when we are restarting in Lorca in few months we are going to engineer a couple of hours in our schedule on the trip between Biarritz and Lorca on the night we arrive to have some Pintxos and a couple of beers!

Most read last week in this forum