• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Blanket remake

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
As some of you are aware I have crocheted a blanket to tell the story of each of my Caminos. The first one was a massive monstrosity (the blanket, not the camino) and it has been annoying me so I pulled it all apart last week and ended up remaking it into three - one camino blanket for us and two smaller ones.

(Spot the hint at a yellow arrow amidst the autumn colours - it’s actually less obvious in real life!)

The one I have called “Paths” flew to England yesterday for a wee boy who has just been born to a mum on a difficult path.

The other, called “Four Seasons”, doesn’t have a home yet.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
beautiful.
The first winter we came and started Peaceable (2006) one of the first pilgrims who stayed here, a lady from Illinois, sent us a simple quilt as a thank-you/housewarming gift (and probably a gesture of sympathy for the next poor soul who slept on the mattress on the kitchen floor).
Years later, it is bashed-up and stained, but still treasured. It´s on the guest-room bed upstairs.

Four Seasons has just found its home. I'll bring it with me next time and deliver in person if possible. Now I'm REALLY hoping to find super-cheap flights for a winter Frances stroll.

Most read last week in this forum