• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Boo hoo! My Camino is over

Well, part 1 anyway. I spent the night in Viana, at the main albergue with the triple tier bunks :shock: , but fortunately I got a lower berth. Viana is very nice, but the restaurants don´t start serving until 9 & curfew for the albergue is 10, so if you want a decent meal, stay at a private place.

The walk to Logrono was nice & very quick. The walking has been much easier now that we aren´t battling mud & muck for 8+ hours a day. We covered 10 kms rather quickly, even accounting for the 30+ minute stop at Felisa´s!!! As we were walking on the senda, a man drove up & told us that she was open, so for some reason, our feet started moving much more quickly than before. The coffee & bread were nice, the company nicer, & now I have the famous "Higos, Agua, y Amor" stamp in my passport.

We stayed at a private pension, right next to Cafe Moderne. You can´t miss the building as the red wood facade is decorated with Stars of David. Villar Huespedes (Camas) is the sign & it´s on the 3rd floor (4th to Americans), but it was clean, quiet, & 15 Euro per person.

We took the bus today from Logrono, & covered a weeks´worth of walking in less than an hour. :shock: :shock: Saw several pilgrims along the way too, so while we´re leaving, more are coming to take our place. I am headed back to Pamplona tomorrow for a couple of days, since I was so tired when I got there I didn´t get to see anything. Nico are you still there?

Buen Camino, y´all & I´ll update my blog when I get home.
dg

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Ah, the Cafe Moderne! Great food, great crowd. I had dinner there last year with 5 other strangers I met only that day, two of whom were unfortunate: one was bitten by a dog in SJPP, the other fell of his bunk the night before and broke his arm (and had to go home prematurely). Despite those stories, it was an interesting night. A brass band was playing outside and for the first time on the camino I went home tipsy, very unpilgrim-like.

Mark

Most read last week in this forum