Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

Boo hoo! My Camino is over

Well, part 1 anyway. I spent the night in Viana, at the main albergue with the triple tier bunks :shock: , but fortunately I got a lower berth. Viana is very nice, but the restaurants don´t start serving until 9 & curfew for the albergue is 10, so if you want a decent meal, stay at a private place.

The walk to Logrono was nice & very quick. The walking has been much easier now that we aren´t battling mud & muck for 8+ hours a day. We covered 10 kms rather quickly, even accounting for the 30+ minute stop at Felisa´s!!! As we were walking on the senda, a man drove up & told us that she was open, so for some reason, our feet started moving much more quickly than before. The coffee & bread were nice, the company nicer, & now I have the famous "Higos, Agua, y Amor" stamp in my passport. :D

We stayed at a private pension, right next to Cafe Moderne. You can´t miss the building as the red wood facade is decorated with Stars of David. Villar Huespedes (Camas) is the sign & it´s on the 3rd floor (4th to Americans), but it was clean, quiet, & 15 Euro per person.

We took the bus today from Logrono, & covered a weeks´worth of walking in less than an hour. :shock: :shock: Saw several pilgrims along the way too, so while we´re leaving, more are coming to take our place. I am headed back to Pamplona tomorrow for a couple of days, since I was so tired when I got there I didn´t get to see anything. Nico are you still there? :D

Buen Camino, y´all & I´ll update my blog when I get home.
dg

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

marktqm

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2006)
Ah, the Cafe Moderne! Great food, great crowd. I had dinner there last year with 5 other strangers I met only that day, two of whom were unfortunate: one was bitten by a dog in SJPP, the other fell of his bunk the night before and broke his arm (and had to go home prematurely). Despite those stories, it was an interesting night. A brass band was playing outside and for the first time on the camino I went home tipsy, very unpilgrim-like.

Mark

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings