• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Buen Camino App - Payment

David with new Kit!

Time of past OR future Camino
2019, 2021, 2022
Guys
I used this app very successfully on my recent Camino (Frances) and I want to contribute to it via Paypal but so far with no success through the app. (I only want to use the Paypal option)

I've emailed the editor and sent a Whatsapp message, but got no replies.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Additional clues about the mode of failure might help folks to help you to help the app publisher, such as a screenshot of the error message or etc.

On the other hand, if the app publisher does not reply promptly to your "Please help me give you money" message, one might be tempted to simply move on to other issues.

Just copy the email address on the payment page, then go to your PayPal account and send the payment to that address.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
No error message, just no replies.

Such a shame, because it’s a fantastic app. I am operating with WiFi only, and the gps function helps me always know that I am where I want to be ( and conversely, when I am off course)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks, but that's the email address I'm getting no reply from, I'm reluctant to send payment into the ether to a non replying email address
I checked my PayPal account, and it's actually a new/different email address than the one that I sent to in July.

It's also different from the email address in the "Information and Contact" section on the app.

I have sent them a WhatsApp message before when I had some questions about the app. The WhatsApp number is +34 654 504 390

And here is the website for the company that publishes the app

Attachments

• 1635622022277.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
Thanks @trecile - I had sent a whatsapp and email to the same phone number and same email address in your info on October 26th, but still no reply from either. I dunno whats going on.

If I depended on donations, I'd definitely be monitoring my Whatsapp and email !!

I sent a WhatsApp yesterday to make sure that the number is still correct, and I received a reply within 5 minutes.
The reason that I wanted to double check the phone number was because there was a message on WhatsApp that said

This business account has now registered as a standard account. Tap for more info.

When I tapped for more info I got this message

This account was previously a business account but has now registered as a stanard account and may no longer belong to the business.

When I look at the information for the account it is in the name of Carlos Mencos, who I know is the publisher of the Buen Camino app and website.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks @trecile the info on your second attachment does indeed have new contact info, I'll give it a try and let you know how I get on. (I didn't realise the info on both attachments were different )

@trecile - Success!!

I used the carlos@editorialbuencamino.es email address and got a reply quite quickly.

Also, as you said, payment can be made on PayPal simply buy inserting info@jacobea.net in the box asking to whom you wish to pay.

I also explained to Carlos that not everyone (me included) will realise that is how to make a payment with PayPal.

He agrees, and he sent me a link instead which made it a lot easier. He will look to update the app with the direct PayPal link instead of using info@jacobea.net.

I tried the new link, it worked very well and donated very easily with it.

Thank you for hanging in there and helping me with this.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum