• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Burgos to Santander?

alansykes

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Except the Francés
I'm hoping to arrive in Burgos from the Camino Castellano-Aragonés in early November, and wondered if it would be possible to walk on to join the Norte in Santander, or if I will have to take a bus? I can't seem to find any GRs that go up to the coast, so I'm fearing it may have to be the bus.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
What about 'winging it' north following the N623? It is roughly 160 k or a 5 day hike. Also check what trails are available from Burgos/Santander on wikiloc.

Last edited:
The former Santander-Mediterráneo railway was being adapted to be converted on a Vía Verde (Green Track) from Burgos onwards. Works have ended in some areas and all the route is expected to be adapted this year. However, that railway ends at La Engaña tunnel (between Burgos and Cantabria) because the railway from that tunnel to Santander never was made so from that point (or a bit early if they didn't reform the tunnel for the Vía Verde because the tunnel was in really bad condition after decades without use) you would need to take public tranport to Santander (e.g. from Vega de Pas) or to design your own route or to walk on the shoulder of paved roads till Santander.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum