• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Burgos to Santiago or bust!

jobortega

I am doing my camino in two stages over the next two years. This year in May I begin may "asault" on the path starting at Burgos. Has anyone done this split before? I will only have 21 days. I may have to skip some portions of the camino. Are there suggestions as to what sections between Burgos and Santiago may be taxied or bused?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You can do it all in 21 days. If you fall behind, you can take a bus at several spots before Leon and after Ponferrada.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You must walk the last 100 km to qualify for a compostela.

Yes, it can be done in 21 days, but to me it look likes "overplanning", too tight a schedule.
If you'll have to skip some part, you might consider the part between Cstrojeriz and Leon.
But you say you'll do in two years, why don't you start more to the east, like Pamplona, or Roncesvalles? You can make in two times three weeks.

Ultreya,
Carli Di Bortolo.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum