• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Bus, train ? Villafranca de Bierzo or Ponferrada to Burgos

Bootless

Hi,

This year we plan to walk from Burgos to Ponferrada and we're looking for info on trains or buses to get back to Burgos.

(From Burgos we'll be taking the night train to Paris.)

However, if we are extremely courageous, we might even make it from Burgos to Villafranca de Bierzo. In that case we'll need info for V. de Bierzo to Burgos.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bootless

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi,
I've checked it all out. (Well I think I have).

I can do Ponferrada- Leon and then Leon - Burgos all in one day as you suggested.

However, if I do manage to get to Villafranca del Bierzo, I can't do V. del B. - Burgos all in one day. (As far as I can see.) The first bus back from V. del B. does not make it in time to catch the first bus from Ponferrada to Leon. But, there's buses leaving V. de B. all day, so, if I do manage to finish the walk in V. del B. instead of heading for the albergo, I will head for the bus station and get the first bus back to Ponferrada ! The last bus every night is at 21h30. So, albergo in Ponferrada, there and get the first bus out in the morning for Leon.

That all make sense ?

The link for Intercity buses Spain is : http://www.alsa.es/portal/index.asp
For buses from V. de B. to Ponferrada : http://www.villafrancadelbierzo.org/mos ... Transporte
lower part of the page.

Bye for now.

Bootless

Most read last week in this forum