• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Buses to Irun from Biarritz?

S

Satírico

Greetings,

Does anyone have the lowdown and which bus or buses go to Irun from the Biarritz airport? I understand that there might be one.

Many thanks,

Philip

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
According to www.pesa.net/pesa/descargas/L54.pdf, they have a bus from Biarritz airport to Irún at 12:40 from Monday to Friday. However, Biarritz airport doesn't show as a destination/arrival on the online schedule at www.pesa.net/pesa/en/horarios so it wouldn't be a bad idea to confirm the details with Pesa. There's a customer service email available at the bottom of their home page www.pesa.net

www.transports64.fr has buses from Biarritz airport to Irún on summer weekends (I don't know about the rest of the year). Otherwise, Transports 64 has daily buses from Biarritz Airport to Hendaye. Once in Hendaye, you can walk, take a taxi or an www.euskotren.eus train to go to Irún.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
According to www.pesa.net/pesa/descargas/L54.pdf, they have a bus from Biarritz airport to Irún at 12:40 from Monday to Friday. However, Biarritz airport doesn't show as a destination/arrival on the online schedule at www.pesa.net/pesa/en/horarios so it wouldn't be a bad idea to confirm the details with Pesa. There's a customer service email available at the bottom of their home page www.pesa.net

www.transports64.fr has buses from Biarritz airport to Irún on summer weekends (I don't know about the rest of the year). Otherwise, Transports 64 has daily buses from Biarritz Airport to Hendaye. Once in Hendaye, you can walk, take a taxi or an www.euskotren.eus train to go to Irún.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I'M MAKING HEADWAY NOW.

Biarritz Airport - see the 'location' and 'Getting to the airport'
http://en.biarritz.aeroport.fr/

Take Chronoplus bus C to Gare Biarritz. Take SNCF train to Hendaye or Irun. If the train terminates in Hendaye (TER trains terminate Hendaye while TGV and Intercites trains terminate in Irun) take the Euskotren from Hendaia (co-located with Gare d'Hendaye) to station Colon (located across the street from the Irun Renfe Station). Euskotren runs every half hour.

Else take Transport64 bus 816 to Gare d'Hendaye (hourly). Note some 816 buses terminate in Irun. Then take Euskotren from Hendaia to Colon station as described.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I looked for this information before I flew into Biaritz, and having found there was a bus, waited until I arrived at the airport. The tourist information desk there gave me all the relevant details, it was as simple as point me to the bus stop outside, the number of the bus, and when it would arrive. It was a fairly long bus ride, then three stops on the renfe, dropped me in the centre of Irun, five minutes walk from the pilgrims alberge. Happy travels!

I looked for this information before I flew into Biaritz, and having found there was a bus, waited until I arrived at the airport. The tourist information desk there gave me all the relevant details, it was as simple as point me to the bus stop outside, the number of the bus, and when it would arrive. It was a fairly long bus ride, then three stops on the renfe, dropped me in the centre of Irun, five minutes walk from the pilgrims alberge. Happy travels!
Thanks for this. Right now I'm in two minds, maybe a night in Bayonne or one in Gatwick. Choices...

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

If anyone is in an albergues in or near Santillana del mar on the 1st of May and comes across Nadia from Ottawa would they kindly point her in the direction of this thread. Thanks all.....
please could anyone advise the current status of accomodation in albergues et al. We (couple) are starting on Wednesday next week. Thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.