• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Buy - get walking poles in Santiago or Sarria

KMc

Time of past OR future Camino
Oct/Nov 2023
Hi,

Any suggestions on where I can buy walking poles in Santiago or Sarria? I’m doing the walk from Sarria.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi,

Any suggestions on where I can buy walking poles in Santiago or Sarria? I’m doing the walk from Sarria.
Ask in the Pilgrims House in Santiago: Many donate their poles there after finishing the Camino.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I picked up a nice set of poles at Pilgrim’s House last week and returned them today. They have a lot of poles there for the taking, but not many pairs and even fewer with cork handles. So if either of those are important to you, you may want to purchase instead. But if you don’t mind mixed pairs and non-cork handles, you’ll have a good choice at the best price (a donation of any kind to PH).

There is a sporting goods store right on the Camino in Sarria. It is at the base of the long stairs, just to the right in this photo. They carry a good collection of poles and walking sticks. (not my photo)

Last edited:
Try Deporte Toribo at Horreo 5 Santiago...good selection of all kinds of walking gear

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
And failing all of those, try Decathlon.

Hi! I’m starting the walk from sjpp, is it possible to get the second hand equipment there? I need the back pack and poles.

Most read last week in this forum