• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Caldas de Reis to Padron

Rickcrna

Time of past OR future Camino
April 25 to May 15, 2023. Camino Portugues Coastal
Had a wonderful walk today from Caldas De Reis to Padron…perhaps one of my favorite stages yet. The weather was ideal. Cool in the morning and comfortable in the afternoon. Along the way in the quaint village of San Miquel da Valga there’s a very nice cafe called Buen Camino that we stopped for lunch. Very much a highlight of the day. Can’t miss it as it’s situated on the route. Passing through this village feels like visiting a movie set. Aesthetically pleasing…neat and tidy. Made our way across the river to Padron for an overnight stay. Very enjoyable stage. Buen Camino!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Just did that section a week ago and stopped there too, a lovely day's walking.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Good to know that it's a nice stage. I am always too tempted by the VE to take the regular route so I have never walked this stage.

We stayed overnight in the Buen Camino restaurant. It’s in a small town/village called A Escravitude. We had a lovely lunch of octopus. Just a note after lunch, the restaurant closes and there was nothing opened nearby for food. We were given a plate of meats and cheese are we were staying at the restaurant.

Think you may be talking about a different restaurant. Escravitude is between Padron and Santiago. My post was referring to a quaint cafe in San Miquel da Valga situated between Caldas. and Padron.

Rick

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum