• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Camino Babelfish

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Really exciting development. Here is a link that talks specifically about when this product will be ready for sale. Retail will be under $300, but early bird buyers get a real break at well under $200.

Thanks for pointing this out, SY

Please remember, as the sainted Douglas Adams made clear, that the Babel Fish was the single most significant contributor to war and conflict throughout all the known universes (and probably some others as well) as everybody finally found out what everybody else was actually saying about them.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
That is the draw back, isn't it? One could finally understand what your fellow pilgrims muttered about your choice of gear or way of doing the camino ...

SY

Great development! Let's hope it works fine and deals with slang, mispronounciations and other features of daily oral speech. I'm not sure if people will have to get used to hear at the same time a foreign language and its translation to their language or if that will not be a problem. Anyway, this improvement will be very useful (or so it seems) but I would like to keep, even if just from time to time, the joy of trying to understand what someone who speaks an unknown language for me is trying to say me.

Does it translate Martian and Venusian? If so, I'll buy a pair for my wife and I, and perhaps we'll understand each other for the first time in 25 years . . .

She says "Yes" but means "No." I say "In a moment" but mean "Not in this lifetime." Anything that can translate the male/female idiom is a quantum leap forward in relational harmony.

Or, perhaps @Tincatinker is right. Perhaps it simply strips the dance of the sexes to its most naked truth, before which who can stand?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum