• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Barcelona

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
Has anyone done this route to the monastery and back? Are there albergues?
I certainly hope so because the monastery would be a fantastic point of interest!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi, Kiwi-family,

Are you planning to wander again? You should check out the few posts on the Cami Catalan or Cami St. Jaime, I think Ivor made a separate folder for them.

I'm not sure which monastery you are referring to - there is the one at Monserrat, or my favorite at St. Pere de Rodas, which is at or near the starting point for some branch of one of these caminos. Anniesantiago posted a couple of very helpful links, which I have perused in my camino-dreaming stages.

From the little I know, though, there are not many albergues on this part.

Yes to your first question!
Hubby has given the go-ahead for me to take the two youngest boys to do a 1,000km fundraising walk for charity water (more on this later). Second-to-youngest daughter said she wanted to come and now the youngest is keen too. The one who will be 10 when we walk next year has daddy's permission. Jury is out on the youngest who will be 8 by then. Hubby would like to come over for a portion of the time, but cannot get off work for such a long stretch (we'll take around ten weeks). Just got to work out when and where to meet...oh, and which route to do!

http://www.gronze.com/camino-de-santiag ... celona.htm
This is the route I've been looking at. I'm wondering if there are places to stay at each of the spots marked. I can google, but thought someone might know from experience.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I walked from Montserrat and enjoyed the relative solitude of the Camino between the monastery and Logroño. I recommend the route, but it is not for the feint of heart or those trying to make the trip on a tight budget. There are some long days, very hot in spring and summer, and albergues are few. Most nights you'll have to stay in hostels or pensions. I averaged about $50 per day for food and lodging until I got to Logrono.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back