• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino de Santiago in Mallorca

JoAnn Reyes

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2014 and 2016
Camino Portuguese 2017 and 2018
Hello
Have you walked the Camino de Mallorca? I understand that it is 4 stages on the island and then continues on the mainland to Barcelona.
Any information is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hello
Have you walked the Camino de Mallorca? I understand that it is 4 stages on the island and then continues on the mainland to Barcelona.
Any information is appreciated.
Hi, a quick update. I’ve finished the Camino route in Mallorca. For the most part, it is a total bust!

The only route information available was on this site https://vivecamino.com/en/the-camino-de-santiago-of-mallorca-no-708/amp/. The distances are wrong. There’s no accommodation, there are no signs, no route and no-one knows what you’re talking about if you ask for a stamp in your pilgrim’s passport! It was almost entertainingly bad. If you start up at the Santuari de Lluc (totally stunning), you can stay there or at the Refugi Son Amer (one of a few mountain route places on the GR221 - https://caminsdepedra.conselldemallorca.cat/es/-/son-amer-1).

Everyone I met there was hiking either of the GR221 or GR222. Both look lovely.

No-one knew the Camino route existed.

The hike on the day into Palma was all along roads, often on highways. Even the central tourism office in Palma told me the routes are on the mainland, not on Mallorca. On the second night I wild camped in an orchard as the only accommodation in that area are super expensive villas.

Overall, don’t bother with Mallorca for Camino. Give them five years to start building infrastructure.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back