• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino del Note comments

N

nathanael

Ivar asked if I like the new cover of the forum I stated no basically because it will not allow me to login..the Camino no rte was great but have to admit it was tough many of us got lost because of lack of good signs and of course the lack of more albergue available..I stayed in some very deplorable places and of course the lines were long and beds not so plentiful..it is a fact my walking buddy Kent and I had to get up at 4 Am and leave like beggars by 4:30 otherwise we had to sleep outside..and we did see many who did...nevertheless we made it 824 K and then to have gotten a compostela different than others because I said I did it for cultural rather than religious..therefore I donated the compostela to the pile of sticks at the bottom of the stairs because I felt I was shafted..shafted yes I am a believer and a practsing catholic with a Masters in Divinity and was shafted there were many who did it for cultural and lied and received a proper compostela and in fact did not believe am I judging no it's fact..not fair :twisted: but fair was the lack of accommodations for the pilgrims and the long lines outside of the cathedral..never went through the holy door :?: cause I would not stand for hours am I another Martin Luther...certainly I am to see the hoot lah..what counted for me more than that bloody compostela that I was cheated from was the adventure and the many people I walked with dined with and the laughs that was important oh yes for my buddy Kent we had a great time even in Gatin when there were no glasses to share the bottle of wine and had to drink it from the bottle like two drunks..we had fun everyone thought we were father and son..an honour if he was my son..thanks Kent and many others the friendship and sharing was a better reward than that compostela on cheap paper..am mad you bet I am to have been given a lesser achievement than others with my name written in bad penmanship..which ended crumped on the pile of sticks..a the pox on compostela for for treating it's pigrims so harshly. Thanks Kent for staying with me at Composta Renfe to take the midnight train back to Madrid and civility..and as I was boarding the train Kent reminded me shake the dust of your unwelcome to Compostela as scriptures states that Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ recommended to the disciples if they were not well received..If ever I do the camino again this was my third I vow never to enter the City of Compostea I will remain in Mount do Gozo where Kent and I spent the night when we arrived in a semi descent hotel by our selves..nevertheless it was fun the scenery was beautiful but Camino Frances is still my favorite and the best. Thanks all my Camino Norte I love you all we had fun I miss you all God bless and keep may he show his face to you and bless.
n.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Are supermercados or other grocery stores open on Sundays on del Norte? Are restaurants open? Specifically, I will likely find myself in these towns on Sundays: Castro-Urdiales, Comillas...
Elevation map shows this is really steep! What’s the best way from downtown Hondarribia up there? Then wish me luck on the Purgatorio—I am a nervous wreck.
My group of six arrives in Irun on May 20 and we're starting our Camino on May 21. Since it's the beginning of the busy season, I'm wondering if we should order trekking poles from Amazon Espana...
On the Norte...started Morgo headed to Santilanna del mer...today...wonderful walk.... 1st 7k and last 7k ...the middle industrail zone was meh. Just past polonca met loverly local spanish...
If anyone is in an albergues in or near Santillana del mar on the 1st of May and comes across Nadia from Ottawa would they kindly point her in the direction of this thread. Thanks all.....

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.