• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Ingles next week!

CaminoIngles60

Time of past OR future Camino
November 2023
Hello! We are a group of 3 walking our first Camino, the Camino Ingles, starting 11/11 from Ferrol. Is anyone on this forum also walking the Ingles? I know it's not the greatest season but it's the only time we could make it all work. Would love to meet other pilgrims on the way. This is a great forum, by the way, so thank you Ivar!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello! We are a group of 3 walking our first Camino, the Camino Ingles, starting 11/11 from Ferrol. Is anyone on this forum also walking the Ingles? I know it's not the greatest season but it's the only time we could make it all work. Would love to meet other pilgrims on the way. This is a great forum, by the way, so thank you Ivar!

Welcome on this forum!
I do not doubt you will meet other pilgrims , even in November. The Inglés is getting really popular but the numbers will be less high than in August/September.

Enjoy! It is a gorgeous Camino.

Here is my report from this summer.

Hola, I'm not walking at the moment but I walked Ingles in April this year from Ferrol. It's a wonderful route with some road walking but an ideal first Camino. Plenty of accomodation with some lovely towns and villages to revive body and soul. But just like life it has up and downs, there are some busy roads and the last few Kms into the Santiago was a bit of a drag through commercial and industrial areas.... and it was raining, Galicia can be wet.... Buen Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hola, I'm not walking at the moment but I walked Ingles in April this year from Ferrol. It's a wonderful route with some road walking but an ideal first Camino. Plenty of accomodation with some lovely towns and villages to revive body and soul. But just like life it has up and downs, there are some busy roads and the last few Kms into the Santiago was a bit of a drag through commercial and industrial areas.... and it was raining, Galicia can be wet.... Buen Camino!

Really?
I find the walking into Santiago via the CI very nice and less industrial than many other routes.

My sister and I just finished Inglés on Tuesday. It rained every day, but mostly in short bursts lol. Drizzle, 20 minute rain, drizzle, clear sky. The walk from Ferrol to Neda is dull and throughout city and industrial. Pontedeume to Betanzos is a brutal uphill day! Pace yourself! After that there are hills but the incline is not as steep.

The walk into Santiago is quite nice and I’ve recently been told that the McDonald’s on the way in is thrilled when someone requests a stamp! LOL I wish I had known it would make their day, I would have stopped in just for that!

It was quite chilly in the evenings and early mornings, I wore my light merino glove liners and they cut the chill, and I was glad I had packed an extra fleece for the evenings!

Buen Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
My sister and I just finished Inglés on Tuesday. It rained every day, but mostly in short bursts lol. Drizzle, 20 minute rain, drizzle, clear sky. The walk from Ferrol to Neda is dull and throughout city and industrial. Pontedeume to Betanzos is a brutal uphill day! Pace yourself! After that there are hills but the incline is not as steep.

The walk into Santiago is quite nice and I’ve recently been told that the McDonald’s on the way in is thrilled when someone requests a stamp! LOL I wish I had known it would make their day, I would have stopped in just for that!

It was quite chilly in the evenings and early mornings, I wore my light merino glove liners and they cut the chill, and I was glad I had packed an extra fleece for the evenings!

Buen Camino!
Thanks K_Lynn! I will look for that McDonald's, sounds like a fun stamp :). Did you use walking poles on the uphill sections?

You can’t miss the McDonalds on the way through SdC. Unusually it seems to have a kind of gym attached 🤭

Thanks K_Lynn! I will look for that McDonald's, sounds like a fun stamp :). Did you use walking poles on the uphill sections?
Yes I did! And I cried watching my sister use hers ineffectually! She would flip them out in front of her and then step-step-step and then flip them out in front again! LOL I am a bad person

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The hill at Pontedeume was not fun, nor at the time, the albergue at Presedo (when i did it, it was 34C outside and about 55C in the albergue, largely due to people closing every door and window).

There are some steep hills on the Ferrol Ingles variant, but it does give you a real sense of achievement. The Pontedeume hill gave me flashbacks to the walk up to La Faba on the CF that i'd done a couple of weeks prior to it.

If your plans aren't pre booked, walking out to Neda and then staging from there makes life more interesting than going straight to Pontedeume on day one. I went Ferrol to Neda, then Miño, Presedo, O Outeiro nr Ordes, then Santiago. Six days in total and kept my daily grind to about 15-20km per day.

Either way, enjoy. :)

Hello! We are a group of 3 walking our first Camino, the Camino Ingles, starting 11/11 from Ferrol. Is anyone on this forum also walking the Ingles? I know it's not the greatest season but it's the only time we could make it all work. Would love to meet other pilgrims on the way. This is a great forum, by the

Can't say how many fellow pilgrims you will meet, but I can recommend a place to stay. If you plan to end your stage at Precedo, book the night at Rectoral de Cines. They will send a taxi to pick you up and drop you back in the morning. Not the cheapest night but well worth it.
Buen Camino.

There are some steep hills on the Ferrol Ingles variant, but it does give you a real sense of achievement. The Pontedeume hill gave me flashbacks to the walk up to La Faba on the CF that i'd done a couple of weeks prior to it.
Walking up that hill to La Faba with a number of switchbacks triggered my memory of a hot day, even though it was in early May. Thankfully there was quite a bit of shade cover, and I would occasionally sit on a big log to catch my breath. I was so happy to finally arrive at the lovely albergue at the top.
Screenshot_20231104-063945~2.png

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Originally i was going to attempt La Faba and stage from the German run albergue there, for an easier day over O Cebreiro, but I was ill that morning and had to wait until the pharmacy opened in Vega del Valcarce and in the end i pushed all the way to the top and then ended up having to walk an additional 5km to Hospital da Condesa, due to no beds at O Cebreiro or Linares. But the up side was it left me in a better position to hit Samos the next day.
Can't say how many fellow pilgrims you will meet, but I can recommend a place to stay. If you plan to end your stage at Precedo, book the night at Rectoral de Cines. They will send a taxi to pick you up and drop you back in the morning. Not the cheapest night but well worth it.
Buen Camino.
I met two American couples that were staying there. They seemed to think it was a good place.

Whatever you do, avoid the municipal at Presedo. It might be cheap, but you lose things by saving money, like no washing facilities for your clothes, very limited seating in the albergue and the bunk beds are literally crammed into a pretty small room. Thankfully the heat won't be an issue at this point. Functionally it's fine, but it's not a fun albergue. ;)

If you stop at the Ordes albergues (Albergue de Poulo), try and spot the obvious deisgn flaw in the showers (there is something wrong with the floor). :D

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.