• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Morazbe Cordoba-Merida in a few days

caminotony

Time of past OR future Camino
Santiago-Finisteree 2016; St Jean-Pamplona 2017
Can anyone give me any indication, in general, of how wet or otherwise I will find the trail next week? Weather seems to be 50/60 degrees or so.
Just planning a few days from Cordoba.
Can anyone recommend a guidebook?
Also, any good hotel recommendations gratefully received.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Can anyone recommend a guidebook?
Also, any good hotel recommendations gratefully received.

Check out the Mozarabe forum on this site. There are some great discussions and links to blogs etc.:

PDF GUIDES
It's worth downloading the guide to stages and accommodations from the Almeria association. It has information and phone numbers on the stages all the way to Merida
The Cordoba association also has a guide with useful numbers from Cordoba to Merida.

ACOMMODATION
My experience of municipal albergues was very good, whereas most hostals / hotels were meh.
Cordoba - Can get busy, so make a reservation in advance. I stayed at Hostal Alcazar, which was just okay. I have a hunch that the backpacker hostels (Oslo Backpackers or Al Katre) are newer and cleaner.
Monterrubio de Serena - Lovely, new, municipal albergue with kitchen and washing machine. Don't bother dining out (bars are on the other side of town, and don't start serving mediocre food until late) . Buy food at local supermarket to cook at the albergue.
Castuera - Another great, newish, albergue with washing machine and kitchen.
Campanario - I do not recommend Pension Malay. The albergue a couple of km out of town has a good reputation, despite the somewhat remote location. Stop in Campanario to buy food for dinner at the albergue and a drink at the friendly bar Estella.
Magacela - Casa Rural el CercĂłn de Candelo is highly recommended by Magwood
Medelin - Casa particular de Micaela Diaz is highly recommended by Magwood
Merida - I've heard mixed reviews of the albergue. I splurged on a fancy hotel (Illunion by the cathedral, which was awesome). There are lots of less pricey hotels.

SAFETY
Be aware that there is a man who has been a nuisance to women on the way from Villaharta to Alcaracejos (about 18km after Villaharta). I assume from your name that you're a man, but mention this anyway. Local police and camino association have been alerted. They have spoken with the person in question.

I am in Cordoba tonight - the second of a two night stay at Hostal Alcazar which I have found very friendly and clean if a little worn round the edges - as indeed I was after a 39km stage and extremely glad of the warm welcome. I have been walking from Malaga for 8 days without any rain though there has been a very small amount overnight. So far the trails have been dry with only very occasional mud patches and one ankle-high river ford before Lucena. So far I have seen nothing to suggest the weather is going to be significantly worse any time soon.

I do not have a paper guide. I am using this pdf from a local website: http://www.caminomozarabedesantiago.es/documentos/guia-eng.pdf.

North of CĂłrdoba albergues seem a little scarce but this website may help you find affordable options: https://caminosantiagoandalucia.org/albergues-y-alojamientos-para-peregrinos-desde-almeria/

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Walked for three days north from Cordoba.
I was the sole guest every place I stayed and I met nobody en route. Not one person.
But the food was good, the accommodation good to excellent and it was all very pleasant and sunny.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back