• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Primitivo

Elena1111

Time of past OR future Camino
I did the Primitivo last year. That was the first camino. Now I am planning to do the camino again, again the Primitivo but this time solo. My very first time to do the camino solo
Hi there,

I walked my first camino last year, and that was the Primitivo. I loved it so much and I am doing the same this year but this time solo. I will be happy to meet with people who are planning to do the Primitivo. I arrive in Oviedo on 22 May and then leave on 23 or 24.

Ulltreya

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi @Elena1111 - we might be a bit behind you. We are walking the Norte from Irun, then turning onto the Primitivo if all goes well. We are starting from Irun about the 10th May.

Hi there,

I walked my first camino last year, and that was the Primitivo. I loved it so much and I am doing the same this year but this time solo. I will be happy to meet with people who are planning to do the Primitivo. I arrive in Oviedo on 22 May and then leave on 23 or 24.

Ulltreya
Elena, we will start just as you are probably finishing on June 9! Break it in for us! Buen Camino. Liz

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Elena, we will start just as you are probably finishing on June 9! Break it in for us! Buen Camino. Liz
Buen camino Liz

Hi there,

Ulltreya
I'll be starting in Oviedo on the 19th of May, but since I'm a slow walker and have planned short stages I am sure you will catch up to me and we will meet at some point.

Hi @Elena1111 - we might be a bit behind you. We are walking the Norte from Irun, then turning onto the Primitivo if all goes well. We are starting from Irun about the 10th May.
Are you walking from Irun to Oviedo before starting the Primitivo? It should be just under 2 weeks, so perhaps there is a chance to meet. (I arrive in Santander 21 May and then bussing to Oviedo on 22 and starting Primitivo 23 hopefully). Hope all goes well and we will all have a wonderful camino

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yes, and we are meeting friends in Santander about that time, depending on how things go. We'll be walking to Oviedo. I'll be using the "Camino Places" app so if you also use it we will be able to see each other.

Yes, and we are meeting friends in Santander about that time, depending on how things go. We'll be walking to Oviedo. I'll be using the "Camino Places" app so if you also use it we will be able to see each other.
Hi again, yes great idea to keep in contact via the app. Is it called Camino Places with a blue shell as an icon? If so I am going to buy a new phone on 16 April and then download the app. It would be great to meet at some point. I had considered to walk from Santander to Oviedo but I cant wait to be on the Primitivo :)

I'll be starting in Oviedo on the 19th of May, but since I'm a slow walker and have planned short stages I am sure you will catch up to me and we will meet at some point.
Hello again we will work out where we are, I am sure we can meet. Kanga mentioned an app called camino places, perhaps we could use that as a way of finding each other

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi again, yes great idea to keep in contact via the app. Is it called Camino Places with a blue shell as an icon? If so I am going to buy a new phone on 16 April and then download the app. It would be great to meet at some point. I had considered to walk from Santander to Oviedo but I cant wait to be on the Primitivo :)
I have installed the App and reviewed a few local places already.

I have installed the App and reviewed a few local places already.
I have ordered my phone (dual sim) which should arrive tomorrow (??), once I figured how it all works then I download the app :)

Got the phone :)

I am going to download the app tonight

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Hello there, I have downloaded the app camino places. The one with a Blue shell on a white background. Correct?

Hello there, I have downloaded the app camino places. The one with a Blue shell on a white background. Correct?
Yellow Arrow on blue background.It's called Camino Places and it has Ivar's name under the title when you search for it. Also says it's a Camino Forum app.

Have it. It had options to the local restaurants here in my town.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hell Kanga,

I will arrive in Santander n 21 May but I had a change f plan; next day I ll g to Oviedo and start the Primitiv n 23. I t would be nice t meet at some point

Hi there,

Ulltreya
If you go slow my gf and I are starting June 1. Julia

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.