• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Camino Translation Project

aburgers

Hello,

I am an American university student and through my university am working on a project designed to create a bilingual compilation of real Camino experiences/stories/reflections. The purpose of this compilation is to provide pilgrims just finishing their walk with a way to connect with those who have gone before them and to help them as they begin to reflect on their experiences. I have walked a portion of the Camino before and will be walking again in March. I will connect with pilgrims then, but am looking for additional material to include in the final product.

I have a twofold request. First, if you know of any good poems/short stories, etc that deal with the Camino, I would greatly appreciate titles. I am using only material which is public domain, that is, published before 1920, to avoid copyright issues.

Secondly, if anyone has original stories/reflections/quotes/journal entries/poems etc, in English or in Spanish, that they would like to submit, that would be phenomenal! I am translating all material myself into English/Spanish. I personally guarantee that anyone who participates will receive a copy of their translated submission and will be given full credit for their contribution in the final work.

If you have any information that would be helpful or would be interested in contributing, please either post here or send me an email at aburgers@NebrWesleyan.edu. I would also be happy to answer any questions you might have about my project.

Thanks so much!

Ana Burgers

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum