• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino de Santiago 2021or2022 project - Survey

pablo1979

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances; del Norte; Fisterra y Muxía
Dear All! Camino Participants!
I am currently running the research project entitled "The Importance of the Jacobean Year in the Interpretation of the Living Heritage of Camino de Santiago". This is non-commercial project!
I kindly ask all of you who did their Camino in 2021 or 2022, arriving in Santiago de Compostela, to complete the survey below [in English] https://forms.office.com/r/pp6yg8wngk
Thank you very much in advance for your time and sharing your experiences on the Camino.
¡Buen Camino!

¡Querid@s! ¡Participantes del Camino!
A los que hicieron su Camino en 2021 o 2022, llegando a Santiago de Compostela, les pido amablemente que completen la encuesta [en español] https://forms.office.com/r/pGBc0izTmJ
Muchas gracias de antemano por su tiempo y compartir sus experiencias en el camino.
¡Buen Camino!

Cds 2021-22 Esp-Eng.JPG

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I've had a look at the survey, and have decided not to complete it. Here is why:
  • it isn't clear what purpose this survey serves. Suggesting it is for scientific purposes doesn't work for me. What exactly will the information be used for? By whom? You, an institution or some other body?
  • What is the purpose of the research project that this survey is part of? Who is conducting the research? Who is supervising it?
  • how will the information provided be protected? There isn't a reference to the GDPR, for a start, and there are no contact details provided for someone to seek more information about who is responsible for data protection.
  • there doesn't appear to be any option for participants to be informed about the results of the survey, or the results of the research project when it has been completed.
I also noted that some of the closed lists you have used did not contain appropriate options for my circumstances, and they would be difficult to match with other data sources. For example, the list of occupations does not match that used by the Pilgrim Reception Office, which would make it more difficult to match the information in this survey with any publicly available information sourced from them.

Overall, these shortfalls give me the impression that this is a rather amateurish endeavour, which made me uncomfortable enough to decide not to complete it.

Last edited:
I've had a look at the survey, and have decided not to complete it. Here is why:
  • it isn't clear what purpose this survey serves. Suggesting it is for scientific purposes doesn't work for me. What exactly will the information be used for? By whom? You, an institution or some other body?
  • What is the purpose of the research project that this survey is part of? Who is conducting the research? Who is supervising it?
  • how will the information provided be protected? There isn't a reference to the GDPR, for a start, and there are no contact details provided for someone to seek more information about who is responsible for data protection.
  • there doesn't appear to be any option for participants to be informed about the results of the survey, or the results of the research project when it has been completed.
I also noted that some of the closed lists you have used did not contain appropriate options for my circumstances, and they would be difficult to match with other data sources. For example, the list of occupations does not match that used by the Pilgrim Reception Office, which would make it more difficult to match the information in this survey with any publicly available information sourced from them.

Overall, these shortfalls give me the impression that this is a rather amateurish endeavour, which made me uncomfortable enough to decide not to complete it. a
Hallo! Thank you for your post!
I am currently running a project at Jagiellonian University (Cracow, Poland) entitled "The Importance of the Jacobean Year in the Interpretation of the Living Heritage of Camino de Santiago" under the Strategic Program Excellence Initiative at the Jagiellonian University POB Heritage.
Here is the link to the results of the competition in which I received funding for some of the research tasks:
https://id.uj.edu.pl/documents/1446...nkingowa/16b050ce-0f6c-4dce-8eb7-cae67ad09d7e

The survey is part of this research. I am the manager of this grant, therefore, as I declare in the invitation, I respect anonymity and do not provide confidentiality anywhere else.
I am to prepare the analysis of the results in the form of a scientific article, which I intend to submit - in accordance with the assumptions of the grant - in an English-language scientific journal (this is the obligation resulting from the grant). However, I also want to publish the analysis in a journal or volume in Polish.
I have participated many times myself and I am happy to fill in questionnaires for the needs of various projects.
I have met many pilgrims from all over the world when I have walked to Santiago de Compostela several times, hence my request.
Kind regards,
Pawel Plichta

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I am currently running a project at Jagiellonian University (Cracow, Poland) entitled "The Importance of the Jacobean Year in the Interpretation of the Living Heritage of Camino de Santiago" under the Strategic Program Excellence Initiative at the Jagiellonian University POB Heritage.
Then you will have formal ethics approval to conduct the survey and part of that ethics approval will mandate that every potential person that considers participating in the survey will be presented with the name and address of a responsible person at the university (that isn't you) who can confirm that the project has ethical approval, can answer questions about the survey and how the results will be used and the privacy of the participants will be protected.

It is also usual that participants are offered a copy of the results.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
What are your favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, inns, etc on the Camino Frances NOT in albergues please? Gracias.
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...
We just returned home from watching our second total solar eclipse here in the U.S. in 7 years. Our next is in 20 years. We have become hooked on the magical, mystical, moving unique experience...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back