• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Viejo: Some accommodation options 2023

WestKirsty

Time of past OR future Camino
Next up: Viejo/Olvidado
Hi! I'm on the Viejo at the moment and know a few others on the forum will be on this stretch later this year (@Bad Pilgrim and @sharon w , I think that's you both!). Here are the accommodations I've used and/or booked for the week:

Miranda de Ebro - Pensión Las Matillas 31€ for en suite private room. There's also an albergue in Miranda.

Baños de Sobron - Hostal Durtzi (booked via email off their website). 40€ for private en suite room AND dinner, midweek. Apparently there's a 2 night minimum at the weekends. No other services here. The place is really just a few buildings along the road

Quintana Martin Galíndez - Albergue de Valle de Tobalina. Responds to email for reservations and inquiries. 18€. Some food is available for purchase. There are 2 bars in town that also have shelves of various footstuffs and fruit.

Oña - Albergue Turístico. 14€. Responds to email for reservations/inquiries. Kitchen and washing machine. Lots of bars and restaurants in town. 2 small supermarkets.

Trespaderne - Hostal José Luis. 50€. On Booking.com. A bigger town so should be bars and restaurants.

Dobro - Casa Rural La Nogala 59€ (he is giving me 10€ euros off the normal price). Breakfast is included. Has offered to make dinner for 16€ as there's nothing else around.
*Note: earlier on the trail there is Quintana de Valdivieso. Arte & Natura are there but I couldn't get through to them via WhatsApp, phone etc. Just a few days ago they responded to say that they could offer a private room for 65€.

Pesqueria de Ebro - Hotel Rural el Arco. 50€. Booked by phone call.

Orbaneja de Castillo - Hotel La Puebla 67€ (ouch). On Booking.com

Polientes - Hostal Sanpatiel 40€. Reserved by phone but also on booking.com

Then it looks like a long day to Aguilar!

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back