• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Camping on the VDLP

obinjatoo@yahoo.com

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2012 Dieppe, FR Bici CF.
2014 Ruta Vasco/CF/Primativo
I have read many if not all the threads on camping on the The Camino. Most of the detail is about the French Route in the north. But I apologize if this is a repeat topic.
I cycled/walked the French Route in the fall of last year and camped part of the time. I would like to walk the VDLP in September-Novemeber this year. The albergues are a little farther apart so I will be sleeping outside, it's just inevitable. I'm OK with that...Prefer it in fact.
Does anybody have any experience camping on the VDLP?
Thanks,
Obinja

A selection of Camino Jewellery
If you are talking about camping wild much easier than on the Frances ....less people and more parks..at least on the first third that I have done so far. If you need a screw top gas canister there is a Decathalon sports store just 2 blocks off the Camino on your first day. I've only seen 2 closed organized camp grounds so far.

I agree. I only walked as far as Fuentes de Cantos my first attempt of the vdlp but camped out once and saw many good places where it would be possible. I plan on occasional sleeping out in May/June, as I continue, weather permitting. I'm just going to carry my nysil tarp.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum