• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Can't decide between the AC Palacio and NH Obradraio

Poshlloyd

Time of past OR future Camino
Sep 2013
Hi,
My girlfriend/ hopefully fiancé (after proposing in Santiago) is going to fly out to Santiago for the end of my Camino so we can spend a week together there.
Id like a nice hotel for 6 days at the end of September and as a compromise between price and style I have narrowed my choices down to :
AC Palacio
NH Obradoiro

Any advice welcomed!

Thanks

Prepare for your next Camino on California's Santa Catalina Island, Oct 27 to Nov 2
Yeah that's where I'm leaning at the moment. Although I've now found I can get the NH for about £100 cheaper!
This may sway me!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Ha, yeah. I see £100 saved on a room is £100 more to spend on her.

Poshlloyd said:
Ha, yeah. I see £100 saved on a room is £100 more to spend on her.

Hi,
One might try and send an email letting them know that you would love to stay at the hotel and if they would be happy to match the price of 100.00 I'm sure that they will be happy to help.

Sarita

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
I stayed at the Palacio during Holy Week when I could not find accommodation anywhere else and could not leave Santiago because all the planes, trains and buses were booked out. They were simply wonderful. I don't think they often get walking pilgrims (I'd walked from SJPDP) and they simply could not do enough for me - including upgrading me to a sumptuous suite in the hotel. They also helped me find cheaper accommodation in another hotel further out but told me to consider the Palacio my own for the rest if my time in Santiago - so I could come and go and use all their facilities during the day.

Most read last week in this forum