• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Can't wait to get going

Tony Jansen

Time of past OR future Camino
Aug/Sep (2014)
MH17, Ukraine, Ebola, ISIS, Syria and all the other stuff I tend to forget.
I'm so done with all that and can't wait to get out and walk.
Although I'm taking my smartphone, I've made a point of deleting all the news outlets from it. No madness and sadness for at least three weeks. I'm so ready for that.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
No need to delete them as you wouldn't have the time or energy to read them once you are on the road. Even when I got a local SIM card with data I was too tired at the end of the day to do anything with them. Usage of the smartphone without data are mainly for photos taking, an alarm if you find yourself alone in the albergue (not a chance if you are on the Camino Frances), some walk with music (optional). With data, it is mainly to check email, skype call or whatapp messaging, and if you are blogging maybe attach a photo with some words and send them over to the blog.

News? You probably on get them in the bar while having your coffee in the morning in Spanish and I am very sure they don't overreport on things like MH-17, Gaza, ISIS and Ferguson.
Mainly what's happening locally or in the region, which should be the way.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Local SIM? The last time I was in Spain was in 2012 and I got the Yoigo at Carrefour (or any giant supermarket). Very cheap and more mobile data centric.

http://www.yoigo.com/

Most read last week in this forum