A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Can't wait to get going

Tony Jansen

Camino(s) past & future
Aug/Sep (2014)
MH17, Ukraine, Ebola, ISIS, Syria and all the other stuff I tend to forget.
I'm so done with all that and can't wait to get out and walk.
Although I'm taking my smartphone, I've made a point of deleting all the news outlets from it. No madness and sadness for at least three weeks. I'm so ready for that.

evanlow

Camino(s) past & future
Frances06
Primitivo07
Plata08
Norte12
Levante(14-15)
Vasco16
Mozarabe(16-17)
Madrid17
Portuguese18
No need to delete them as you wouldn't have the time or energy to read them once you are on the road. Even when I got a local SIM card with data I was too tired at the end of the day to do anything with them. Usage of the smartphone without data are mainly for photos taking, an alarm if you find yourself alone in the albergue (not a chance if you are on the Camino Frances), some walk with music (optional). With data, it is mainly to check email, skype call or whatapp messaging, and if you are blogging maybe attach a photo with some words and send them over to the blog.

News? You probably on get them in the bar while having your coffee in the morning in Spanish and I am very sure they don't overreport on things like MH-17, Gaza, ISIS and Ferguson.
Mainly what's happening locally or in the region, which should be the way. :)

evanlow

Camino(s) past & future
Frances06
Primitivo07
Plata08
Norte12
Levante(14-15)
Vasco16
Mozarabe(16-17)
Madrid17
Portuguese18
Local SIM? The last time I was in Spain was in 2012 and I got the Yoigo at Carrefour (or any giant supermarket). Very cheap and more mobile data centric.

http://www.yoigo.com/

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
yes
Which local provider did you use?
Vodafone. They have excellent coverage. I think their competition is catching them, though, so all the services seem to be adequate these days. They have stand alone stores and are in places like Corte Ingles.

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 37 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 133 15.6%
  • May

Votes: 205 24.0%