A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Ad

Luggage Storage in Santiago

- Ship your things to Santiago, pick them up when you arrive.

Advertisement

Challenges of a Solo Journey?

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2017)
St. Olav's Way (2019)
I'm planning to walk St. Olav's Way from Oslo to Trondheim next summer.

I'm generally a confident solo traveler and never once felt unsafe along the Camino Frances last year.

Would you consider St. Olav's Way to be safe for a young solo female traveler?

Most blogs and guides I've seen have been super informative, but each one has been about groups of 2 or more people. Are there any unique challenges in taking this path alone, other than the solitude of a less-populated route?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Norte, Primitivo, Plata, Salvador Torres
I'm planning to walk St. Olav's Way from Oslo to Trondheim next summer.

I'm generally a confident solo traveler and never once felt unsafe along the Camino Frances last year.

Would you consider St. Olav's Way to be safe for a young solo female traveler?

Most blogs and guides I've seen have been super informative, but each one has been about groups of 2 or more people. Are there any unique challenges in taking this path alone, other than the solitude of a less-populated route?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
And would you consider it safe for an old solo female traveler?

Camino(s) past & future
Camino France 2015
Camino Portuguese 2017
There is a lot of information on St. Olav's Way on Facebook (St. Olavsleden) and I think there have been posts from women walking alone. I started using Facebook specifically to follow this and it is well worth it if you're planning this walk. There is also a good guide book available online at a St. Olav's Way store and I think the 2018 book is available shortly. I'm sorry I don't have the links here but they are both easy enough to find. I'm doing this walk this summer and have found these resources really helpful in planning.
Good luck!

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2017)
St. Olav's Way (2019)
There is a lot of information on St. Olav's Way on Facebook (St. Olavsleden) and I think there have been posts from women walking alone. I started using Facebook specifically to follow this and it is well worth it if you're planning this walk. There is also a good guide book available online at a St. Olav's Way store and I think the 2018 book is available shortly. I'm sorry I don't have the links here but they are both easy enough to find. I'm doing this walk this summer and have found these resources really helpful in planning.
Good luck!
Thanks for your reply. I've already ordered a guidebook as well. I'm afraid I don't have a facebook account, but I may look into it. :)

Your journey must be coming up quickly--safe travels and best of luck!

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 27 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 95 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 157 26.0%