• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Chamartín Station Goes Underground!

peregrina2000

Staff member
But it will take 24 years. Work is supposedly starting next year, but train travel should not be interrupted. At some point, it will be inconvenienced, but the station will always remain operational, I’ve been told.

A friend of mine had been involved in the legal work and describes an interminable, difficult process. Since it took 25 years to finalize the plan, it is only fitting that it should take 24 years to actually build.

Buen camino, Laurie

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I wonder if taking it underground means that they can get high speed trains from Seville and Barcelona going straight through to each other via Atocha.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I wonder if taking it underground means that they can get high speed trains from Seville and Barcelona going straight through to each other via Atocha.

Looks like Chamartín will become the place where all the AVEs stop. That will be a huge improvement for north-south travel, but unfortunately I will be 94 when it happens.

Given the dicey state of the Spanish government's finances expect many stops and starts ala the AVE to Santiago de Compostela and the one to Lisbon . . .

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum