• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Cheap Albergues on Frances Camino?

jeremy.jones

Time of past OR future Camino
July (2013)
I hear conflicting things. That you can find dirt cheap ones, but then i hear almost all of them are 20 euro. are those private ones? or ones that provide breakfast and dinners? i heard somewhere that you can find ones for less than 10 euro. i plan to travel very cheap. i just want to know what to expect.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I found that albergues almost always ranged from 3 - 10€, even the private ones. You'd be hard pressed to find anything more expensive in an albergue. For 20€ you'd have at least a private room and an ensuite. Any dormitory-style room usually averages out at around 6€ per night.

Buen camino,
Lindsey

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Just wondering if you are planning to travel as cheaply as possible because of budget constraints or are you hoping to save your € for more important things ...

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi we stayed mainly in private albergues, and never paid more than 10 euros, more often 5 to 7 euros.
That is just for the bed. Most don't provide meals. Some have kitchen facilities, but not all. You can get a pilgrim supper for around 10 euros.

Thank you for all the info! And I am not saving my money for important things persay. I am saving my money because i won't have much! great info thanks!

Most read last week in this forum