• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

ClaritinD - 12 hr. tablets

Mcrice

Time of past OR future Camino
Can ClaritinD 12 tablets be purchased over-the-counter in Spain?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I believe that is so. I know that you can purchase Zyrtec, because I have done that myself. If you prefer a certain brand , you may want to bring it along from home. The pollen was a problem for me and the Zyrtec helped . Next year I will be taking another type with me because it is a bit stronger. Most any of the farmacias will have what you may need for allergy if that is your concern. Hope this is helpful.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

I tried to buy Claritin D (loratadine with pseudephedrin) OTC and it was a no go. Zyrtec was good but it is a different drug. You can buy plain Loratadine but not the pseudephedrin part of it which is the D part of the Claritin D.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Pilar raises a good point. Often brand names will vary from country to country. Components may be available individually but not combined as in the US. Strengths/concentrations may also vary from country to country so be sure to have not only the US (or other) brand name but the generic name and strength/concentration. Carrying a written script from your physician can also be helpful - not only to try to get it filled in a pinch but to show that you have medical approval for carrying a large amount of whatever. Pseudoephedrine for example can serve as a basis for some home chemists to produce amphetamine variants. Bottom line however is that 6 weeks of most meds weight very little, take up little space and can make the difference between misery and a buen camino!

Most read last week in this forum