• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Coastal to Central

JenD72

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese 2020
We are considering switching from the coastal route to the central route. Is the way from Villa de Conde to Arcos market with arrows?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We are considering switching from the coastal route to the central route. Is the way from Villa de Conde to Arcos market with arrows?
We walked from Vila do Conde to Arcos a couple of years ago. We took the route marked with green dots in the Brierley guidebook, which starts with an immediate right turn after you cross the bridge coming into town and initially follows the river upstream. We had no problem finding yellow arrows, but as always, it pays to be alert, especially around road intersections. Also, be aware after leaving Junqueira as there are some stretches of narrow roads without verges.

I walked fro Vila do Conde to Arcos last October, also following the route where you turn right and start walking beside the river immediately after crossing the bridge into Vila do Conde. I don't think I had any problems finding and following the yellow arrows, but I also had the route laid out in the TrailSmart app and could see where I was relative to the route, and where the route was going with that. It helped for peace of mind.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum