• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Come September

Tio Huero

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPDP to Pamplona 2011
Pamplona to Longrono 2012
Sarria to Santiago 2018
Okay,
I pulled the trigger and booked my flight to Madrid. Gonna train it to Pamplona and take off from where I left off last year. Lighter pack and slower pace. Hope to get at least to Burgos in eleven days or so.

Can/will anyone recommend a good, not too expensive hotel or hostal near the Atocha station?

Many thanks,
Tio

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Question?
Why didn't you booked Madrid-Pamplona on your ticket (it must be a few extra dollars-euros only) and also add the Santiago-Madrid section on your returning section.

I'm booking Miami-Madrid-Lisbon and returning Santiago-Madrid- Miami and the difference is less than 100 dollars of a Miami-Madrid Miami ticket (schedule for this coming September)

We have stayed at the hotel mediodia several times. It is directly across the road from Atocha, and we have had great service and clean rooms every stay.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
San Martin Hostal
c/ Concepcion Arenal 4, 4th, Madrid, Madrid, Spain

Property Information:
San Martin Guesthouse, a two-star accommodation, is located in the centre of Madrid (20 metres from Gran Via), on the fourth floor of a building with lift.

Given its privileged location it is near all the main tourist attractions: Puerta del Sol Gate, La Cibeles Fountain, Plaza de España square and the most important museums.

Our guesthouse can accommodate 23 people in its 11 rooms, 10 of which are double. The single room has a washbasin. Two of the double rooms have full bathrooms, while the rest have a shower and washbasin.

We also have 2 extra folding beds available.

Reception and check in 24hrs

Cancellations must be notified by email at least 48hs before arrival date. Non-arrival may result in the cancellation of your entire reservation and charges the first night.

SINGLE ROOM AROUND 30 EUROS (10 MINUTES FROM ATOCHA TAKING THE METRO.)

Directions
Do not forget that Concepcion Arenal Street begins in Gran via 38.

Metro station:
Callao
(Metro exit: Palacio de la Prensa)
Line 5 (green)
Line 3 (yellow)
The Hotel is 50 meters from the station.
Gran Via
Line 1 (blue)
The accommodation is 200 meters from the station.

From the airport:
Airport express bus:
From the airport until plaza de Cibeles stop (24 hours service).
Travel time about 40 minutes depending on traffic.
Price: €4.50, pay the driver in cash when you get on.
From plaza de Cibeles until the guesthouse: walk 12 minutes over Gran Via until number 38 and turn to your right and walk over Concepcion Arenal street until number 4. This is the first building that you will see.

- By subway: Take pink line (N 8) until the end of the line at Nuevos Ministerios. Change to the dark blue line (n 10) at Nuevos Ministerios. Head down on line n 10 to Alonso Martinez and then change to the green line (n 5). Go to Callao stop.
- By Taxi: cost around 40 Euros.

From Atocha train station:
- By subway: light blue line (n º1) up to Gran Via.
- By taxi: cost around 12 Euros.

From Chamartin train station:
- By subway: line n 1and directly to Gran Via.
- By taxi: cost around 15 Euros.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Astoria Hostal
Carrera San Jeronimo 30-32, 5th floor, 28014 Madrid,

About $50. Walkable from Atocha and easy to find. Walk up Paseo del Prado, left on Carrera San Jeronimo (pretty much across from the Prado), and it's down a couple of blocks on your left. San Jeronimo becomes the street that runs right thru the Puerta del Sol so it's very easy to situate yourself.

I've stayed there twice now and it's the right price, right location, and comfortable. Lots of tapas restaurants in the blocks behind...

Most read last week in this forum

Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
My friend is trying to figure out bookings/lodging. She started in SJPDP Friday, ended up walking the Winter route to Roncesvalles in one day, only to find no bed so bused back to SJPDP to sleep...
Within the past few hours there have been two stories on local news media reporting that the Guardia Civil have been successful in returning lost passports to pilgrims. One in Najera, the other in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back