• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Commitment!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Robert, as you say, I will indeed have to change my moniker so as to be honest about my status on this website.

6 years on this website with the bystander name and some years before that, with the same pseud de plume, on Grant Spangler's website.

Procrastination and prevarication are nearly over!

How long that procrastination?

Well, I first became fascinated with the pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela back in around 1956 through a teacher at my first school who collected brass rubbings from churches in Kent and on some there was the scallop shell image. About which he explained the significance.

Now, 58 years later, I am planning to collect my own scallop shell.

edit
p.s. Oh, such presumption! I should have written "hoping to"!

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
What excellent news! Buen camino.

At least your boots must be well worn in.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
At least your boots must be well worn in.

I wish!

As a result of various personal physical malfunctions it probably won't be for some months before I can begin to get into training for the Camino.

In the mean time I am looking at various makes of modern shoes which might cope with those deficiencies.

In particular I am looking at the Altra Paradigm shoe.

Anyone got any knowledge, experience or opinions on these?

Most read last week in this forum