A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Committed

mvanert

Camino(s) past & future
Pamplona - Santiago 2014, St. Jean to Estella June 2016, Estella to Santiago April 17, 2018
My wife thinks I should be (committed, as in put away safely for my own well-being). Not really! She understands and supports that I have to go and so I have bought tickets to Dublin leaving on April 17th (66th birthday) and onwards from there to Estella to finish my 2016 camino.
Any suggestions on the best way to get to Estella from Dublin would be appreciated.
Thanks!:)

SabineP

Camino = Empathy + Compassion.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
My wife thinks I should be (committed, as in put away safely for my own well-being). Not really! She understands and supports that I have to go and so I have bought tickets to Dublin leaving on April 17th (66th birthday) and onwards from there to Estella to finish my 2016 camino.
Any suggestions on the best way to get to Estella from Dublin would be appreciated.
Flight from Dublin to Bilbao seems reasonable. Do check out prices with Air Lingus.

Then bus Bilbao to Estella.
With Alsa or La Union company.
Alsa company goes through Logroño and La Union goes via Pamplona. In between 3.30 and 4h time.

This site can be of help.
https://www.rome2rio.com/

Happy preparation!

mvanert

Camino(s) past & future
Pamplona - Santiago 2014, St. Jean to Estella June 2016, Estella to Santiago April 17, 2018
Flight from Dublin to Bilbao seems reasonable. Do check out prices with Air Lingus.

Then bus Bilbao to Estella.
With Alsa or La Union company.
Alsa company goes through Logroño and La Union goes via Pamplona. In between 3.30 and 4h time.

This site can be of help.
https://www.rome2rio.com/

Happy preparation!
Thanks for this. I will investigate and let everyone know what route I choose.

Peter Fransiscus

Do good and good will come to you.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Wish you a wonderful continuation off your yourney and a Buen Camino , Peter .

Last edited:

Levi

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2015
VDLP 2016
Portuguese March 2017
Sanabres September 2017
Madrid September 2018
Also look at Ryanair (budget airline) flights from Dublin. They have daily flights to Madrid from where you could bus or train to Estella. Buen Camino.

mvanert

Camino(s) past & future
Also look at Ryanair (budget airline) flights from Dublin. They have daily flights to Madrid from where you could bus or train to Estella. Buen Camino.
For sure, I have traveled on Ryan Air several times and will definitely consider them.

mvanert

Camino(s) past & future
I thought I'd like to let everyone know that I have booked my flight from Dublin to Madrid on Iberia and then I'll bus from Madrid to Logrono and then to Estella on the morning of April 19th. I may be a little jetlagged by this time but I'll be back on camino for five weeks. Can't wait!

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 37 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 132 15.6%
  • May

Votes: 203 23.9%