• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

confusing Calzadilla with Mansilla albergue

JoyceTL

Screenwriter, Story Editor
Time of past OR future Camino
walked from Le Puy to Cape Finesterre (2011), Rocamadour deviation (2012)
Hi all: I'm writing up my notes on my Camino and am wondering if I've confused two alberges somehow: Calzadilla de los Hermanillos and Mansilla de las Mulas. The one I'm trying to remember the name of (and which town it was in!) had a small kitchen on the right as soon as you came in through the door, a long table for communal eating, and then cubicles of bunk beds in the back 2/3s of the building. Does that ring a bell with any of you? Thanks for any help. Joyce

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The albergue at Calzadilla de los Hermanillos fits that general description. The kitchen and laundry were near the entry, and there was a common room with a single table, and wood stove to heat up the room. It wouldn't fit the albergue I stayed at in Mansilla, but there was at least one other albergue there.

Regards,

I agree that it definately sounds like Calzadilla . If the village also has ruines of the Calzada Romana (in front of the church) and a very tiny store then it is definately it.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Mansilla had the office on the immediate right as you enter. The dormitories were upstairs and therw was a courtyard patio. Hope that helps.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
With your general description provided, I would have said "Calzadilla de los Hermanillos" was the only albergue that I have stayed in that fit. Would it help if I noted that the washroom/shower facilities were parallel to and shared a common wall with the kitchen/entryway?

In other words, looking back to the entrance from the common table then the passage to the restroom/shower area was on your right.

Hope that helps a bit more.

Thanks, everyone. You've helped clarify my scribbled journal notes. Joyce

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum