• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Mansilla de las Mulas Albergue

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thank you very much. It’s what I thought. I’m in Sahagún atm and Leon is just a touch too far. 45kms would be ok but not 54kms! I may try the Albergue at Reliegos (sp?) or otherwise it will be the bus for me!! Just finished the Madrid so am not overly focused on walking the Frances. Heading for Salvador/Olvidado.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Mike, I guess you’ve hit the Frances in the middle of the September wave. You’ll have seen that the Reliegos Municipal has 44 beds and doesn’t take bookings, or answer the phone as I recall. But, as I also recall, Reliegos ain’t got much of a bus service either.

Maybe time to look for your best hop to Leon. There’ll likely be a few turning right at the Parador but things should ease out a bit.

Buena suerte

Mike, I guess you’ve hit the Frances in the middle of the September wave. You’ll have seen that the Reliegos Municipal has 44 beds and doesn’t take bookings, or answer the phone as I recall. But, as I also recall, Reliegos ain’t got much of a bus service either.

Maybe time to look for your best hop to Leon. There’ll likely be a few turning right at the Parador but things should ease out a bit.

Buena suerte
Thank you. I will just have to see how it goes. 2011 was the last time I was on the Frances and it’s changed a bit!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Two albergues in this stretch do not take reservations and are staffed by HosVol Volunteers:

There are two others at staffed by HosVol although these may not be far enough for you to consider as a stage:

Thank you for all your help. I decided to walk and see. Started earlier than normal and left just after 0630. Then had about 4 hours of rain. As I am heading north from Leon to La Robla which is about 29 kms north I expect to stay in Leon which really leaves me 2 short days. I thought I would head for Reliegos and it’s public Albergue. With 44 places I thought there would be space - and there was plenty, so here I am. Which leaves me a short 25km day to Leon tomorrow.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you very much. It’s what I thought. I’m in Sahagún atm and Leon is just a touch too far. 45kms would be ok but not 54kms! I may try the Albergue at Reliegos (sp?) or otherwise it will be the bus for me!! Just finished the Madrid so am not overly focused on walking the Frances. Heading for Salvador/Olvidado.
Religious has a very nice albergue

We are in the same situation tomorrow evening and our host at Albergue la Perala in Berciano has kindly booked us into an al albergue in Reliegos tomorrow night.
However, we cannot seem to find the address anywhere.
Can anyone here please help?
The name is “Albergue el Puente” in Reliegos.
Thanks in advance.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We are in the same situation tomorrow evening and our host at Albergue la Perala in Berciano has kindly booked us into an al albergue in Reliegos tomorrow night.
However, we cannot seem to find the address anywhere.
Can anyone here please help?
The name is “Albergue el Puente” in Reliegos.
Thanks in advance.
I can find no Albergue or other accommodation by that name in Reliegos or the vicinity. I would check again with your host.

Could it be La Parada instead? We stayed there several years ago and it was OK. I think we had a private room and they had a kitchen where you could cook with other pilgrims.

Thanks for everyone’s reply.
It is the Centro de Tourismo Rural al Puente hotel in Mansilla de las Mulas..
We cross referenced phone numbers and checked again with another host. Confusing but sorted.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks for everyone’s reply.
It is the Centro de Tourismo Rural al Puente hotel in Mansilla de las Mulas..
We cross referenced phone numbers and checked again with another host. Confusing but sorted.
So not in Reliegos. It’s only another 6km

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
“It’s changed a bit.” That amigo is an understatement that should be printed in LARGE LETTERS in every guide book, blog, vlog and, on a very large sign at the foot of the Route Napoleon
Changed is indeed an understatement. This year I tried remembering where the route had changed while I walked. From my first Frances I'm fairly sure that when exiting O podrouzo you enter into the forest and going up - but when I walked it yesterday there's no going up - and really just a casual walk to the now two diners? whereafter the climb begins. Is it just my memory playing tricks with me.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I went to the San Peleyo Albergue in Villarente. Here's how it happened. I heard all the beds were booked in Mansilla, but I went there anyway. And I found out, all the beds were in fact taken. I was going to take a bus into Leon, but the Michigan Couple called and got a bed at the San Peleyo Albergue in Villarente. So that's what I did, too. Turns out that it was one of the best Albergues I stayed at. Doesn't look like much from the outside but the inside is great, even with two courtyards. You can see the list of all the places I stayed at using the link below this post.

But all that being said, Mansilla really needs to get their Municipal Albergue up and running again. I beleive that albergue had 70 beds, but let's say after they remodel it for Covid, it only has 50 beds. So, if you have 50 beds filled and those pilgrims are spending 25 euros in Mansilla (12 for the albergue and 13 on dinner) that's 1250 euros a night going into the local economy. If the albergue is full 100 nights a year, that's 125,000 euros going into the local economy. And my estimation of $25 euros a night is modest, for instance, at the San Peleyo Albergue I spent a total of 27 euros ($13 for the Bed, and $14 for dinner) then I spent another 8 euros for breakfast at a nearby cafe.

Last edited:
I went to the San Peleyo Albergue in Villarente. Here's how it happened. I heard all the beds were booked in Mansilla, but I went there anyway. And I found out, all the beds were in fact taken. I was going to take a bus into Leon, but the Michigan Couple called and got a bed at the San Peleyo Albergue in Villarente. So that's what I did, too. Turns out that it was one of the best Albergues I stayed at. Doesn't look like much from the outside but the inside is great, even with two courtyards.

But all that being said, Mansilla really needs to get their Municipal Albergue up and running again. I beleive that albergue had 70 beds, but let's say after they remodel it for Covid, it only has 50 beds. So, if you have 50 beds filled and those pilgrims are spending 25 euros in Mansilla (12 for the albergue and 13 on dinner) that's 1250 euros a night going into the local economy. If the albergue is full 100 nights a year, that's 125,000 euros going into the local economy. And my estimation of $25 euros a night is modest, for instance, at the San Peleyo Albergue I spent a total of 27 euros ($13 for the Bed, and $14 for dinner) then I spent another 8 euros for breakfast at a nearby cafe.
But maybe the businesses there don’t want it reopened.

But maybe the businesses there don’t want it reopened.
yes, I did hear a rumor that some of the other higher priced Albergues
didn't want the Municipal Albergue reopened. I don't know if it's true
or not. I would like some definitive word on what's happening with
that with it. I thought Rebekah Scott had posted on this forum
that it would be reopening. I'm actually surprised that it is still closed.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
yes, I did hear a rumor that some of the other higher priced Albergues
didn't want the Municipal Albergue reopened. I don't know if it's true
or not...
Hmm, 'high priced' is not a modifier that one typically sees associated with 'Albergues'.
IMO they are all pretty reasonable given the state of inflation, and I suspect their margins are fairly meager.

Hmm, 'high priced' is not a modifier that one typically sees associated with 'Albergues'.
IMO they are all pretty reasonable given the state of inflation, and I suspect their margins are fairly meager.
I didn't write "high priced" I wrote "higher priced"

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back