• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Coruna to Ferrol late Sunday night?

FLS

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning to walk Ferrol to Santiago Sept. 2016. NERVOUS!
Hi everyone!

I will arrive in Coruna at 21:50 and would like to set out from Ferrol early the next morning. I would prefer to stay in Ferrol that night, but I see I arrive too late for bus/train options. Any other (prefer inexpensive) ways to get to Ferrol at that hour of night? And on a Sunday, no less.

Thanks for any suggestions.
FLS

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
@FLS Taxi is likely to be your only solution. If you are flying into A Coruna then a taxi direct from the airport will be iro €50-75. The advertised rate is €1.24 per km for a 50km+ trip. Agree the fare before you set off.

I have done a late night flight before. Stayed at hotel moon in coruna which is close to both bus and rail station and caught the first bus, which at the time was about 06:30 ( and full of partygoers on the way home but inoffensive). Arrived Ferrol and headed to port to start the Camino with a full day for Pontedeume (or Neda) if stopping there.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Thank you Miguel - I am starting to think that's what I will do. And it makes sense after what will be a ridiculously long day of travel just to get to Coruna. But where did you get a sello in Ferrol that early in the morning? I understand the tourist booth doesn't open until 10:00.

Hola - nowadays sellos are as available on the Camino Ingles as on other routes. Shortly after starting you will pass the Parador and many bars - also the church near the start of the route may be open at that time. Step out with confidence!

Buen Camino

John

Hi FLS - I had a similar dilemma as I'm starting my Camino Ingles next Wednesday, but my flight arrives at 8pm local time. I've got a room at the Hostal Palas, which is fairly close to the train and bus station. There is also a 7am train which departs A Coruna to Ferrol, getting in to Ferrol around 8am. Either bus or train are going to be very cheap as far as I can see, certainly compared to the UK.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum