• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Costs on the camino

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
I saw that Ivar has changed his blog page from Costs on the camino to the Telegraph article on bed bugs.
The latest post on my blog is about costs. I have listed a number of items that a pilgrim might buy along the way - bread, milk, cheese, butter, cold drinks, beers etc. as well as some figures for eating in restaurants and cafe - bars.
Thank you to all the pilgrims walking at present who contributed with costs of items. Special thanks to Kuba who sent me a list of costs for items like chocolate bars, triangle cheeses, pints of beer etc from the camino and to Margaret (KiwiNomad) for links to the costs of Gites etc on the Le Puy route.
I see that the camino.consumer website (http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/) has upped the estimated daily costs to 30 euro per day on most routes.

Abrazos todos,

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum