• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Credencial in Astorga?

Hi folks, i know this is a bit of a daft question but just to be sure......does anyone know for certain where I can get a credencial in Astorga? I'll be starting there and would prefer a spanish credencial over the CSJ one. (Especially as the CSJ one will effectively cost £30 for membership...although the work they do is great)

Anyone?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The refugio/albergue is the place to go to. There was some talk earlier in the year of needing a letter from your church to obtain credencials. This was later clarified so that it appears that only Spanish people requiring a credencial will require this and it does not start immediately. Nevertheless if you are going next year or the year after you may find that to obtain a credencial in Spain some sort of proof of pilgrimage will be required.

I am sure that someone more learned in the current Spanish system will answer.

I know the CSJ passport seems expensive but you are really paying for the work they do and all the practical pilgrim days they hold etc.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Many thanks William and Johnnie, much appreciated!! I know the CSJ do good work but right now I need to keep every outgiong I have to the bare minimum...bit of a shoestring Camino in fact but i have no doubt it will be in many ways a richer experience for it

Maybe next year for the CSJ membership..... (to b fair though I actualy prefer the spanish one but thats purely aesthetics)
Anyway - thank you again gentlemen

Most read last week in this forum