• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Daily blog of Camino experience

andxsun

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés, 5/13-6/13
Hey all!

Last month I walked the Camino Francés, and for each of the 32 days I was there I wrote an article and posted it online as a blog. The blogs covered my musings and thoughts, in relationship to real life and also a bit of politics. It was part of a project for myself as I walked. I am agnostic and wanted to dissect my feelings about that too.

These blogs don't offer specific advice; instead they offer an untraditional glimpse into the mental aspect of this incredible experience.

If any of that sounds interesting, here's the link to the thread of blogs, all 32 of them: https://andrewsun.substack.com/t/camino-de-santiago. And if these are interesting, please feel free to subscribe to my larger substack, where I post more generally about travel + politics: https://andrewsun.substack.com/.

A preview, if you're interested:

"Those who hear that I walked the Camino will probably be impressed for the wrong reasons — the sheer distance I walked, the nerve to do so in a foreign country as a 19-year-old, alone. It just sounds impressive. In real life conversation, I don’t think I would correct them - it feels weird to tell someone they’re wrong about a compliment.

Here, however, I feel completely comfortable sharing that these reactions are appreciated but miss the larger point. The distance never really mattered beyond the time and opportunity it created to be in community. No one ever really cared that I was 19 years old, and I stopped caring too.

And I was never alone.

I was never alone.

The collective experience of the Camino now constitutes one of those experiences so incredible and eye-opening and transformational that I would find it impossible to describe it in words if someone were to simply ask me, 'How was it?'"

For all those considering walking, give this blog a try!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Wow, I read the first post. Thought provoking, well done! 👏🏻
I will make my way through them all.

Most read last week in this forum

Crazy! That is what we were told by others when we decided to walk 500+ miles with two of our children across the top of Spain. We got a little nervous in the weeks leading up to the flight that...
I was lucky enough to chat with Bill Bennett yesterday about his new movie The Way My Way. Bill is the Writer and Director and the movie is a true story of his first Camino in 2013. He's been...
Here’s my daily blog of my walk from Lisbon to Santiago with Relive videos. I started on April 17. https://paulscamino.com/
👣 Ever wandered what it is like to take an 11 and 14 year old on the Camino Frances? We can tell you, it is an amazing experience that you will be talking about for time to come! We managed to...
Am doing a vlog on the Plata which I thought I'd share! Started off with three nights in Seville for the Fería de Abril (video 1), and joined by my cousin from Vancouver. Currently on Day 3...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back