• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Difficulties getting a Reservation at Orrison

Randy Kalstrom

Time of past OR future Camino
I plan to begin my Camino Sept. 1 2017
Begining in January I've attempted to get a reservation at the Orrison alberge. I've tried to send them an e-mail through their site twice, without a response. I've tried to email them at refuge.orrison@wanadoo.fr twice, and my email was return stating that it could not be delivered. I've also tried to e-mail them with my wife's e-mail account with a different provider than mine, without success. If anyone has suggestions I'd be very appreciative.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I think you are misspelling orisson. Try again and see if you get a response back in a day or two.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
They are up there this week or at least at their computer because I booked a night for 15/6 this week.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I tried through their booking site twice over some weeks with no response . When I e mailed directly I received a paypal invoice seven days later . I paid this immediately but now have not received confirmation of the booking .

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
They can be notoriously slow in responding but eventually they do. Good luck. It's a fun spot.

Buen Camino.

I tried through their booking site twice over some weeks with no response . When I e mailed directly I received a paypal invoice seven days later . I paid this immediately but now have not received confirmation of the booking .
Check your PayPal account to make sure he payment went through. I got a confirmation notice within 24 hours of paying. If it did, you could always call them and leave a message, or email with your concern. Once you get the confirmation, I'd recommend printing it out and bringing it with you. I've read on here that the place can get overbooked, and no receipt, no bed

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Don't worry. That's the norm.

I've read on here that the place can get overbooked, and no receipt, no bed

Thank you , this was my concern so I did copy all my correspondence .
Then true to form I received a reply to my request for a confirmation some days later .
''
Paiement OK.

Au mois de mai.

Amicalement.''

I have a theory , e mails are answered far more quickly when sent in the French language . Obvious really , those in other languages need translation , not all staff are literate in the multitude of languages e mails are composed in , so inevitably there must be some delays in answers . Perhaps they have different language literate staff for different days of the week.
One wonders how they manage Korean or Thai .

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I sent my email in English, and received an answer in 4 days.

Also check your spam folder. When I booked lodging in SJPP and didn't get a response I was quite concerned. My friend in Canada had received a speedy confirmation and the place only has a few rooms. I wrote 3 different times before finding 3 different confirmations.....in my spam folder. Embarrassing

When sending any emails to any country, i write what i want to say on Google translate. I then send both the non-English version and the English version.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum