• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Discount for the unemployed

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3000

At times, life is just too ironic:

So if you have lost your job in the last 12 months, and perhaps also lost your house as well, you can pay these people to set up a pilgrimage, most likely at several times the cost of doing it yourself, but you can get 10% off the price "to get away from it all." The most fascinating part is the hotels and baggage service that are included. When I lose my livelihood, that is the way I want to go. I wonder if they will take a post-dated personal check?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Do they need any genuine pilgrims as "Tour guides"? I, for one would be interested especially if they are paying good money! :twisted:

Almost unbelievable.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
There's a special place in hell for people who prey on the elderly, children and the downtrodden. Seriously. "Hi, you're unemployed and have no money, here, let me take the rest of it and I'll give you a discount!" That is so wrong on so many levels.

Caveat emptor!!!!

Some time ago a children's charity I support asked if I would like to walk the Camino to raise money for them? It was from Sarria to Santiago.

They had arranged with a tour operator to provide travel in, hotel accomodation, cars to carry your bags, breakfast and evening meal. Cost £800. Insurance would have been on top.

They promised a real pilgrim experience.

I wrote to the charity and told them they had been ripped off, even allowing for the cost of the hotel accomodation (the group would be too big a party for the municipals).

Do you know what? They never even acknowledged receipt of the letter. At that time I could have gone for around £400 all in. Not much difference, eh?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum