• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

do people share 'HOTEL ROOMS"to reduce costs???

ekim

just wondering if people will share costs of hotel rooms ? if so is it usual, and average costs ?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Sometimes, towards the end in Galicia, where I hated the state hostels, they were kind of soulless and had a grubby feel without any charm, I shared a hotel room on a couple of occasions with a french pilgrim, it cost about 20 Euro each, rather more expensive than albergues. The private albergues in Galicia are a good option, they are often around 12 Euro each. Regards, Gitti

When it was not possible to get a bed in an albergue, I had shared a room with two ladies I had befriended on the route. Price varies but certainly makes out cheaper than staying in a hotel/hostel on your own.

As there were three of us, we would arrange for an extra bed in the room.

That said, we had stayed in albergues, in the open room, for over 95% of the time.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
It is a good point - often hostales have triple rooms and may even by happy to put an extra bed in a large room for 4 people. Always worth asking if you want to keep costs down.

Most read last week in this forum