This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Don't believe what they say -- albergue in Quiroga is open

peregrina2000

Staff member
Hi, Invierno pilgrims,

I've gotten an email from someone reading our guide from the Resources section, telling me that two other sources report that the Quiroga albergue is closed. I thought that was odd, so I emailed them directly and found that yes indeed the Quiroga albergue is open and happy to take pilgrims. I have stayed twice at the Quiper (hostal nearby above a bar), but from all reports the albergue is fine. The only downside might be that you have to share the facility with rambunctious and joyful groups of young-uns. The joy is wonderful to see, but it's the late night noise that pushes me to the Quiper.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Laurie, This is good news. I walked past there a few years ago but ended up in satisfactory Pension Quiroga as I couldn't convey my thoughts to residents in the building.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum