• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

DVD Video on the Camino

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
I bought a new DVD on the camino and it arrived today from Spain.
The DVD Video - "El Camino de Santiago - no un camino de rosas" (not a way of roses) interviews pilgrims of different nationalities as well as those who work on the camino - a priest, hospitaleros etc., It's running time is about 50 mins and then there is a fotographic gallery of still pictures, director biography, etc
For those of you who walked your camino before October 2002, there is a poignant interview with the daughter of a camino legend - Felisa from just outide Logrono, who used to sit at a table outside a ramshackled farmhouse, offering "Higos, Agua y Amor" - Figs, Water and Love" as well as a sellos in return for a donation. (Felisa died at age 92 in October 2002).
The DVD is available directly from the producers at: http://www.freehighway.org

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
DVD on the Camino

I have just connected to their site and found a mini video of the DVD on their web page. I am listening to it as I type this.
Check it out!

Camino DVD

Great a recommendation for a film about the Camino, such films help one to fondly relive the experience of the 'way' and give friends and family some idea of what we undertook. Of course they are equally useful for those who want a taste before going. Thus I am tempted to also recommend a DVD, 'Within the Way Without'. This is the DVD of a full length film shot by Larry Boulting - one of the famous Boulting Brothers family - and narrated by Sir Richard Attenborough. Like the film Sill has mentioned this too is well worth watching. It is available in the bookshop of the CSJ website - links from this site. Pilgrim

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I just finished watching "Within the Way Without" & I highly recommend it. I liked the three pilgrims shown & I also liked getting a glimpse of what the Camino Frances will be like. I ordered the DVD & the Camino Frances guidebook from the CSJ website & received the packet from them about a week later.

I too highly recommend "No un camino de rosas". It's wonderful; it's one of the only sources I've seen that specifically aim to sum up the "why?" of the camino - why people do it, why does it exist, why is it so popular etc.

I ordered it here in England and it arrived from Spain within a week. It's now doing the rounds of all my friends in my mission to spread the word of the camino.

Most read last week in this forum