• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Earthquake in Japan

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances(2005), VDLP(2007), Madrid(2009), Ingles(2009), Sur (2011), VDLP(2011)-partial, VDLP(2014)
My thoughts go out to our friends in Japan and to those stranded elsewhere in the world and unable to get home. Our hearts are with you as you suffer this unimaginable devastation.

lynne

A selection of Camino Jewellery
thanks Lynne
i think of my Japanese friend Michika who i walked with for a while
will i ever forget the 48kay short-cut (!) she took me on
hope you safe little sister

Yes, so many Japanese pilgrims along the way over the years. I met several wonderful Japanese pilgrims on my trips, sending love and light.... :arrow:

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Once again, I quote without comment:
The outspoken governor of Tokyo, Shintaro Ishihara, told reporters Monday that the disaster was "punishment from heaven" because Japanese have become greedy.

Falcon, no comment necessary :cry:

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Re: Earthquake in Japan (NOT sent by God).

My heart goes out for the people of Japan. I hope those who are able will contribute generously to relief efforts.

I think Glen Beck's implications are pretty slimy. Maybe God's message is "hey, be compassionate, be generous, give to these people as they try to rebuild their lives - those who have their lives." It's easy to sit and judge those people "over there", but I doubt Mr. Beck would be preaching the same message if it didn't suit his political agenda, or if it was his family that was washed away. It's easy to blame God (or dance around intimating that) for bad things that happen to other people, without questioning what we need to be doing differently. It's a little too convenient to be psychologically and spiritually abusive with bad theology, but people have been using bad theology to frighten, judge, blame, and retain oppressive power for years. I think God expects a little more out of Beck and all of us than the easy theology of 'bad things happen to bad people'.

If falcon could refrain from posting quotes and say what he thinks himself we might know where he is coming from. But please keep this this thread respectful to the many people whose lives have been torn apart by this tragedy.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
If falcon could refrain from posting quotes and say what he thinks himself
My thoughts, they were just written by another:

I graduated from high school in Japan at a school established for the children of Christian missionaries, and view that country as my second native land.

Most read last week in this forum