• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Electrical Currency in Spain

pal

I live in the USA and will be traveling the Frances later this year. I would like to be able to use my immersion heater for water, soup, etc., and need to know what kind of currency (adapter) I need for Spain. Any help?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If you determine that your device will accept the European voltage, you can buy the plug-prong-shape-adapter at Radio Shack.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
If your immersion heater is the only electrical gizmo you'll be toting, perhaps consider just buying the Euro plug version and save yourself the added weight of the adaptor? Immersion heaters are quite inexpensive.

Hi there, the adapter is really small and light weight. If you are in North America go to your AAA or CAA store and if you are a member (if not find a member) and you can get your adapter there for around $6.00, its worth it as it is used all over Europe and then you will have it.
Travel stores and airports will charge 3 times the price.
Bev

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
However, a ferreteria in Spain will charge about .90 Euro.

Thanks for all the help. I guess there is a difference between adapters and converters. If I have an appliance (charger, etc.) that isn't made for other voltage, I'll need both won't I?

Virtually all chargers for cell phones and cameras can be used on 120v (U.S.) and 240v (most of the rest of the world). Check your user manual. If it has dual voltage, then all you need is the plug adapter.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum