• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Equipment for Chubby Girls (perhaps an ongoing guide)

I had that too with my Decathlon rucksack (so most of the time I’d didn’t fasten the strap or undid it if someone was approaching ) but I now have an Osprey designed for women and that really helped as their strap is much higher. It’s comfortable and you don’t get the weird boob effect.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If you are in the US check out Duluth Trading Co - they seem to have a decent selection of plus size clothing from leggings to hiking pants. Some of the pants even come in different lengths. I’m on the shorter end of being chubby and for the first time I was able to purchase a pair of hiking pants that I did not need to have alterations done to them to make them shorter. They also have a decent return policy - if you wear something and it doesn’t work for you they will allow you to exchange/refund it.

Thank you to all for sharing suggestions in this post. My wife was frustrated with clothing choices and this definitely helped!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The first thing I'm going to do is admit I did not read this entire thread, so perhaps someone already said this.

That said, there really is NO reason to go out and spend boatloads of cash on "Camino gear."
Wear what you have in your closet.
Don't wear cotton in the cooler months b/c it will not dry.
Don't take jeans b/c they certainly will not dry.
But otherwise, there is NO reason for special underwear, bras, or outerwear.

If you have regular yoga pants or leggings that are comfie, wear them.
If you have shorts that are comfie, or a walking skirt, wear them.
If you have any polyester shirts that are comfie, wear them.

I WOULD buy good socks, though in summer, I often hit up the China shops on the Camino for cotton socks.
Otherwise, I buy merino wool socks and they do cost a bit.

Also, if you live in the USA in a fairly sized city, go to Goodwill and check out their ACTIVE WEAR section, both male and female.

I just found TWO icebreakers shirts there last week - both Merino Wool and like new.
One was a $200 shirt for $18 and one was a $150 shirt for $10.

For my warm layer, I ALWAYS buy a men's merino wool pullover sweater in a super large size, then I take it home and put it in a hot washing machine and dryer and felt it down to my size. Watch it closely. And even if you can only find one that FITS you, it will be your warmest, most lightweight item.

Most read last week in this forum